Ah yes, the infamous “That’s What She Said”. My love for this phrase is so strong that I have been named the TWSS Queen in the past by friends and coworkers. I never miss an opportunity to mutter the words…even in inappropriate situations. No one is safe around me when I feel the need to say it – not your kids, your mother, the pope…nobody.
I thought I would share some of my favorite TWSS moments with you:
- A coworker of mine was tracking down a guest who needed to sign something. When she finally found him she told him “I saw you on the escalator but I was going down as you were coming up…” — that’s what she said.
- I was trying to type in someone’s name into my email “to” field and couldn’t quite get the spelling correct so that it would pre-populate for me. I called the person and said “It wouldn’t pop up for me so I couldn’t put it in” – that’s what she said.
- I had done something at work to resolve a situation and my boss had responded via email with just these two words “Clam happy” yup I did, I had to respond with — that’s what she said.
- A coworker and I were working on a situation and had to approach one of the “big wigs” with something. She said to me “I hate to poke the dragon, but…” – that’s what she said.
- My mom was helping a friend move her seat up in the car. The seat was one of those manual ones with the lever instead of a switch. Mom to her friend “See that thing there between your legs? Grab it and pull!” – that’s what she said.
- Just yesterday I overhead my coworker on the phone with someone and she said “It was really hard and I wasn’t sure how to hold it” – that’s what she said.
- At the dinner table about a year ago, my husband had a funny TWSS moment. I leaned over and whispered into his ear “That’s what she said”. My nosy son, thinking he was missing a secret turned around and asked “WHO?? WHO IS SHE??”