I was experimenting and came up with this recipe last night. I wasn’t sure how they would come out but they actually were quite yummy. It’s low fat because there is no butter or oil. I substituted applesauce instead.
*Be sure to use aluminum muffin cups or spray with non-stick spray, as the paper ones tend to stick to the muffin.
2 cups flour
1 cup white sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tap ginger
2 cups mashed overripe bananas
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 pint blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prep muffin pan
2. Mix together bananas, eggs, applesauce and sugar in small bowl.
3. In large bowl, mix dry ingredients well.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
5. Drop by spoonfuls in muffin pan and bake for approx 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near middle comes out clean.
6. Cool on wire rack.
Makes 24 muffins
You can make these with or without the blueberries 😉